ZPrint Technology is a recognized Rapid Prototyping process that provides quick turnaround for rigid demonstration models. The process includes jetted binders and composite materials along with colored ink.
ZPrinter® machines fully cure each layer of composite material by jetting a binding agent into the powder bed. These machines can also include color in the printing process to provide full color display models right off of the machine with no painting required. Standard parts are then coated with the infiltrant Z-Bond 90 to improve strength.
Whether printed with color or in standard white, parts can be additionally clear coated to add a hard smooth coating or wax coated to smooth out the surface finish.
• Excellent for demonstration models, especially where color or labels are required to demonstrate final product.
• ZPrint materials: Sandstone zp®150 Composite White.
• Standard Tolerances of: +/- 0.005" for the first inch, +/- 0.002” on every inch thereafter.
• In the z height (vertical), standard tolerances of +/- 0.01" for the first inch, +/- 0.002” on every inch thereafter.
• ZPrint Layer Thickness: Horizontal build layers between .0035” and .004”.
• ZPrint Finish Options: Standard, Clear Coat, and Wax Coat