If you need prototypes, patterns or end-use parts with the greatest accuracy, highest definition and best surface finish, SLA® models are an excellent investment and can optimize time and money at every stage of the production cycle.
Stereolithography or SLA® Systems convert liquid plastic materials (photosensitive epoxy polymers) and composites into solid cross-sections, layer by layer, to build highly accurate three-dimensional parts of different geometries at the same time.
Step by step:
- SLA® translates a CAD file into a surface model made up of thousands of small triangles.
- File is sliced into many layers like a stack of cards and transferred into an SLA® System.
- A laser in motion cures the liquid material in very thin layers, including interior and exterior layers, to a solid part.
SLA® parts are ideally used as master patterns for injection molding core and cavity inserts, thermoforming, sand casting, blow molding, and various metal casting processes.
- Best accuracy and smooth surface finish
- Extreme fine detail capability, ideal for micro parts
- Wide range of material offering
- Materials with PC (transparent) characteristics or high heat resistance
- Thin walled parts (no less than 0.5mm)
- 3 to 5 days turnaround
The most demanding industry applications benefit from SLA® as parts provide precision and can withstand high temperatures. Formula 1 and other Motorsports, for example, have been using SLA® technology for years to advance product performance and get ahead the competition with intense Windtunnel testing.
Other industries that are widely using the SLA® technology are:
Automotive, Motorsports, Windtunnel testing, Aerospace, Consumer products, Packaging, Electronics, Architecture, Medical, Entertainment & Animation and Government Research.
3D Systems Asia-Pacirfic offers the Accura® line of SLA® Materials that deliver part quality rivaling CNC-machined parts and offers versatility no other brand can offer. The material properties mimic those of several engineering thermoplastics, including thermal resistance, stiffness, flexibility and transparency to meet demanding prototyping, testing and application needs
Our attention to detail and superior finishing is unsurpassed. We provide four levels of finishing:
- Concept -Support removed and sanded with a light bead blast all over. Ideal for concept validation.
- Premium - All surfaces (exterior + interior) are finished to a high quality. Recommended for projects that are visual and require critical fitment to meet tolerances of +/-0.1mm to 0.2mm per 100mm.
- Engineering - All exterior surfaces are finished to a high quality. Recommended for projects that require critical fitment to meet tolerances of +/-0.1mm to 0.2mm per 100mm.
- Custom - High level of polishing for clear components