Short Run Production
Prototype Injection, Press and Compression Molding Tools
Prototype Tools are made using pre-hardened tool steel that have typical shots life of up to 20,000 depending on materials. 3D Systems will provide a full spectrum of engineering solutions, such as design for manufacture, tool design, material selection, mould trials and tooling modifications.
Our standard lead-time to off tool samples is usually within two to five weeks – regardless of the size or complexity of the parts. In addition to our large selection of standard materials and colors to choose from, we also welcome your requirements for engineered specialty resins. The tools can be surface finished to a broad range of Mold-Tech specifications.
- Lead time - 2-5 weeks
- Part design assistance for manufacturability
- 3D Systems engineers at tooling/moulding facility in China
- Daily project management with weekly status reports
- Complete logistic management
- Fast time-to-market manufacturing solutions
- Secondary assembly and painting options available
- Dedicated program managers will assist you from design to prototype to production.
- You own the tool, and can re use it in the future, within the limitation of the steel.